What are we talking about
An Organization, either a company, or a cooperative, or a public administration institutions , etc., may decide to get the Social Accountability, under the standard SA 8000: 2014, when it needs to demonstrate it is an "Ethic" Organization and respects and protects its employees, does not exploit children, maintains a healthy and safe job environment, engages in it’s community, it is in compliance with the permissions required by law and respects safety and labor rules.
The ethical certification provides an important image return for the Organization, since it is still a rare and prestigious certification, and is increasingly being specified as a tender requirement.
What should the Organization do
An Organization that decides get the SA 8000: 2014 certification should adopt a management system in compiance with the standard requirements. It should implement an internal organized system of operational and management procedures in line with the requirements of legislation and prepare all documents and records that give evidence of the application of these procedures.
To enjoy the Ethic Certification the organization has to fill on SAI (Social Accountability International) web site the form for Social Fingerprint, in order to demonstrate their "ethical fingerprint", and then it will be subject to an audit by a certification body to issue the Certificate SA 8000.
What we offer
Our team can support you in all the necessary steps to obtain SA 8000 certification, providing a high quality service:
- .Social Performance Team Identification
- .Preparation of the Code of Ethics and the Social Report
- .Analysis of the environment in which the organization works, including partners, competitors, the territory, the target market, in order to define the context of the Organization
- .Definition of Ethics Manual, procedures explicitly required by the SA 8000 and application forms
- .Internal audits conducted by highly qualified and specialized auditors
- .Statistical data analysis and preparation of the Management Review and the Social Report
- .Organization Risks and Opportunities Analysis
- .Support in Certification body choosing, between those most prestigious that operate on the national territory (eg DNV GL, RINA, etc.) and during all phases of external audit